Minden Medical Center Behavioral Health, under the medical direction of Dr. Janice Hollier, provides inpatient treatment for persons 55 and over who are experiencing difficulty functioning or inability to cope with daily living due to behavioral, emotional, and cognitive challenges.
Our staff is clinically focused and patient centered. Improving quality of life and helping the patient return to their optimal level of functioning is our goal.
- Comprehensive medical and psychiatric evaluation.
- Individualized treatment plan.
- Individual, group, and family therapy.
- Family participation, including education and therapy.
- Coping and life skills training.
- Activity therapy groups.
- Therapeutic exercise/stress reduction.
- Pastoral counseling.
- Medication management and education.
- Individualized Continuing Care Plan for discharged patients and their families
Our interdisciplinary treatment team is specifically skilled in the acute mental health needs of the older adult population. Our team includes psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, consulting physicians, 24-hour nursing staff, licensed professional counselors, social workers, and occupational therapists.
If you or a loved one experience any of the following symptoms, MMC Behavioral Health may be able to help.
- Sadness and depressed mood
- Hopelessness or losing the will to live
- Loss of interest in daily activities
- Severe anxiety or nervousness
- Changes in sleep or appetite
- Aggressive or agitated behavior
- Severe self-neglect
- Hallucinations or delusions
- Social withdrawal and isolation
- Behavioral disturbances associated with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia
To schedule a free, confidential screening, contact us at 318-371-5646 on our 24 hour referral line. A qualified mental health professional will assist you with determining your need for treatment.